Staying at easyHotel Amsterdam City Centre South? And looking for a place to park your car?
At Amsterdam’s Park and Ride (P+R) car parks, you can park your car for €8 per 24 hours. If you arrive after 10.00 or during the weekend you only pay €1 per 24 hours. You can buy the public transportation tickets at the reception.
How does P+R work?
Step 1: arrival and parking
At most P+R car parks in Amsterdam you automatically receive a parking ticket at the entrance gate.
- Do not use your credit card when you arrive at the entrance gate (you can still use it to pay at the end of your stay).
- P+R Amsterdam RAI scans your vehicle’s registration number upon entry. You do not receive a paper parking ticket here. When paying your parking fee before departing, you must enter the digits of your vehicle registration at the ticket machine.
Step 2: travel to central Amsterdam
You travel to the city centre by public transport. You can use your own public transport chip card (OV-chipkaart) or purchase P+R GVB return tickets at the parking garage. If you are travelling with two or more people it may be cheaper to travel using the P+R GVB tickets.
Step 3: return journey to the parking garage
On your return journey by public transport to the P+R your last check-in or changeover must take place in the city centre area.
Step 4: paying in the parking garage
- Enter your parking ticket or your vehicle registration number at the payment machine.
- Scan your public transport chip card (OV-chipkaart) or P+R GVB ticket. You only need to scan one P+R GVB ticket or public transport chip card to validate your parking.
- Payment is possible with your debit or credit card (MasterCard, Visa).
What does P+R cost?
The total cost of P+R consists of the price of the P+R parking and the costs for the public transport.
The time at which you arrive at the P+R car park determines the cost of the parking component. The costs for the public transport are not included here.
Arrival time P+R location & costs:
Monday – Friday before 10.00
€ 8 for the first 24 hours. Thereafter € 1 per day
Monday – Friday after 10.00
€ 1 per 24 hours
Weekend (Saturday & Sunday) & public holidays
€ 1 per 24 hours
You can park for a maximum of 96 hours using the special P+R rate. After that you pay the normal parking tariff.
At P+R RAI, there is a maximum parking duration of 24 hours.
After 24 hours, you pay the standard day price.
Important Dutch terms:
Beschikbaarheid = Availability
Parkeerplekken = (amount of) Parking spaces
Vol = Full
Vrij = Available
Gesloten = Closed